Monday, February 22, 2010

Washington DC




I had the good fortune after Valentines weekend to take a trip to DC with the general purpose of eating at KOMI, which I wholeheartedly recommend. A couple of dishes really stood out the scallops with marcona almonds, the Pork Belly Hoagie and the frozen Baklava. They also had an outstanding 1999 white Rioja from Lopez de Heredia and an Espresso Stout from Hitachino. Also while in DC I got to catch up with some old friends at Oyamel I had a very spread out lunch with Amanda an old friend who is now pastry chef at KOMI. We had an awesome gin and tonic and grasshopper taco both pictured above and some fun coffee creations from our server. For dinner that night I had a wonderfully prepared cassoulet made by my good friend Paul who is a patent attorney/sous chef in training. I was also able to catch up with Levi Meczick the new chef at The Jockey Club for a very quick lunch. I expect to hear some great things coming out of there very soon.

No comments: