Monday, October 25, 2010

Kajitsu

Gyokuro Tea. I'll be honest I had no idea what to expect when we stepped into Katjitsu for the evening. All I knew was that it was a Michelin two star vegan Japanese Restaurant. I ordered the Gyokuro Tea and was almost immediately ready for something out of this world. I was not disappointed.

Here's the thing everything seemed so simple but once you started to eat you realized there was a lot more going on then just the title of the dish. The amuse bouche Grilled eggplant with grated Vegetables and hibiscus leaf


Fall Mushroom Soup with Sudachi
Persimmon, turnip salad. Fennel with sesame marinated tofu and Black Truffle. Pasta stuffed with rice and hearts of palm puree.
House made Soba Noddles with Nori, Ginger and Spinach. This was unbelievably rich and I think it was at this point where Colleen was beginning to become full.
This was a dish I saw on the menu in advance and was looking forward to Tempura Kaboucha Squash Vegetables and shitso pepper sauce
Next was a stunning rice dished served with house made pickles and red miso.
Not pictured is Dessert a sweet potato puree wrapped in a crepe, bearing the restaurant logo, with a fried piece of sweet potato skin lacquered with maple syrup

And finnally candies from Kyoto and Matcha Green tea.

Extra special thanks to Beth, Kristen, Jenn and Brian for pickin up the tab. I am going to miss you guys.

No comments: